Resort’s summer season begins Memorial Day weekend
| May 24, 2023 1:00 AM
Whitefish Mountain Resort will kick off its 2023 summer operating season with Zip Line Tours, Alpine Slides, Scenic Lift Rides and other activities over Memorial Day weekend, May 27-29.
After Memorial Day, the resort will close and reopen for the following weekend, June 3-4. Daily operations will run from June 10 through Sept. 17.
“We’re excited to kick off the summer season with lots of fun activities on the mountain,” Whitefish Mountain Resort President Nick Polumbus said. “We’ve seen plenty of sunshine this spring and the snow is melting fast, but everyone should be mindful of early-season trail conditions as well as wildlife and fellow guests. Additionally, anyone interested in summer activities should book in advance to secure their reservations and get the best deals.”
The resort also has a new fleet of Norco Shore Park rental bikes. These high-end, full-suspension mountain bikes are a great option for anyone new to downhill biking, as well as seasoned riders who prefer to avoid traveling with their own bikes.
“We’re thrilled to roll out our new fleet of rental bikes and add days to our mountain biking season in September,” Polumbus said. “Warm spring conditions should allow us to open trails faster than usual, plus we’ll offer more biking opportunities this fall, with lift access added midweek after Labor Day until we close for the season. Now is a great time to consider a mountain bike park season pass.”
Some things to consider early in the season:
• Chair 6, Scenic Lift Rides on Chair 1, Zip Line Tours, Spider Monkey Mountain, the Aerial Adventure Park and the Alpine Slides will be open Memorial Day weekend, as will lower-mountain bike trails served by Chairs 2 and 10. Trails from the summit and the kids’ Strider Bike Park will open as conditions permit.
• The Summit House, the Base Lodge Bar and the Base Lodge Café will be open for lunch each day summer activities are available.
• Early-season conditions, including snow and mud, exist at middle and upper elevations of the mountain. Sections of the Danny On Memorial Trail may be extremely difficult to hike or even impassable. Guests must heed all signage and trail closures.
• Guests can save 10% on some activities by purchasing tickets at shop.skiwhitefish.com at least 24 hours ahead of time. Advance reservations are strongly recommended for Zip Line Tours, Mountain Bike Rentals and Mountain Biking Lessons as availability is limited.
• The S.N.O.W. Bus will provide free trips between the resort and downtown Whitefish every day of the summer operating season. The bus schedule can be found at skiwhitefish.com/snowbus.
• Wild animals, including bears, are active this time of year. Hikers should carry bear spray and stay as far away as possible from any bears spotted on the mountain.
More information about summer activities can be found at skiwhitefish.com/summer. Hours and dates can be found at skiwhitefish.com/hours-and-dates.