Council holds meeting with electronic public participation
City Council Chambers are on the second floor of the Whitefish City Hall building. (Heidi Desch/Whitefish Pilot)
Whitefish Pilot | April 1, 2020 1:00 AM
Whitefish City Council on Monday, April 6 will hold its regular meeting, but the public will only be able to participate electronically as City Hall remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The meeting will be held completely remotely through WebEx and individuals wishing to provide public comment during the meeting should register ahead of time to receive a caller ID number to help with coordination. By registering ahead of time, on the night of the meeting they will be able to join the meeting.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. and includes four public hearings, along with other items for Council consideration.
The website for event attendees is https://tinyurl.com/tzd3jgs
For more information, visit http://www.cityofwhitefish.org/ or call 863-2400.
The following agenda items will be discussed, subject to change:
• Consideration of a request from Mirielle Bierens for a conditional use permit to construct an accessory apartment located at 553 Park Avenue.
• Consideration of a request from Montana Commerce for a conditional use permit to construct a gas station and convenience store at 6045 Highway 93 South.
• Consideration of a request from Joesph and Jill Courtney for a conditional use permit to construct a guest house at 535 Colorado Avenue.
• Consideration of an emergency interim zoning ordinance that would remove the 90 day time limit for the Council acting on conditional use permits as part of the city code, and place a moratorium on accepting applications for subdivision approval other than those for which the Planning Director waives the requirement of preliminary plat.
• Consideration of a request from Randy Dunlop and Cam Clark for a Whitefish Lake and Lakeshore Protection Permit on Birch Point Drive to remove existing individual docks and install new shared docks.
• Consideration to award a contract for the transportation plan.
• Consideration for approval of the Baker Avenue underpass plans and authorization to bid.